Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Questioning Love ...


Saying "I love you" makes me smile. Hearing "I love you" warms my heart. Three simple words have such a deep impact emotionally. Having someone to share those words with seems so natural when you believe them to be true. What happens when you don't have that person to tell or have that person tell you? Does it mean you don't? They don't?

I love being in love. I love sharing such personal emotions. I love finding ways to make that other person feel how much they mean to me and how precious they are. I'm amazed when one person can find a way into my tangled emotions and find a place that belongs to them and them alone.

Love is a scary place sometimes; vulnerability of emotional exposure. Is it real? Is he or she just playing me? Is this just a habit and so comfortable I've confused this with love? My gut tells me I know those answers. My heart confirms what my gut says. My mind however, makes me question.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I am glad you decided to blog here.

    Secondly, love has everything to do with it.

    Last, and maybe most important, as your close friend and knowing how you feel about love and your relationship, I think you allow your mind to talk you out of the things your gut and heart tell you are true. I also know how you cherish those I love you moments.

    We all struggle with our relationships. Things often are far from perfect. I suppose being able to maintain that love during the less than perfect times is what defines that love as true and genuine.

    With all that said, don't stop loving even if it hurts. Your spirit is so beautiful when you're in love Kirsti. I've seen it in your face and heard it in your voice. Hold on to the gut and heart emotions as long as you can.

    One last thing. If you wanna spruce up this page some, you have my blessing. *warm smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you're not questioning your love of blow jobs.

    ReplyDelete