Monday, May 16, 2011

Friendship.


I have found myself in the darkest of places with the passing of my mother. I'm so fucked up emotionally and totally disappointed with my family. I am embarrassed and ashamed to find myself needing help from friend and wanting more than she can give to get it all together. It was too much to ask. It was unfair and should have been something a member of my family should have done. Shit I should have done it.

What I got was unconditional friendship, a beautiful program for the service and a reminder that within the darkest of places there are those that bring sunshine to your life when you need it most. I hope one day I can make that much of a difference in her life. She is beyond amazing in my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. There is no need to be ashamed nor embarrassed in the least. In my world, thats what friends do forone another. I am confident you'll get through this darkness just fine Mark. I am glad I could give you a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this... my deepest condolences.

    I pray that it works out the best for you~

    And we all need a shoulder to cry on from time to time - there is no shame in seeking comfort. We all do it at some time or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss.
    It is never easy losing someone we love so much our entire life.
    Friends always play an important role. You are lucky your friend truly cares for you.

    ReplyDelete