Sunday, October 17, 2010

Headed to the great northwest

Tomorrow, I head north to Seattle with a few little pit stops along the way. Each year I take a couple weeks off in the fall to visit my best friend and his family in the Seattle area. They have recently bought a vacation home in the San Juan Islands and we'll be staying there.

I am driving up this year since I scored tickets to see the Bruins take on the Ducks in Eugene. On my way up to the game, I am going to stop in Newport on the coast and do a day of deep sea fishing. I hear it's been beautiful weather so let's hope that holds until Wednesday. Really sucks to go out when the waters are rough and choppy. I'll make my way into Eugene about mid day on Thursday and get to the game early. Sure will shake up the PAC-10 big time if we can pull off an upset. Since Kirsti has graciously accepted my lunch invitation for Friday, I'll make a few hour stop in Portland before heading up to Seattle. She promises she's harmless and I look forward to meeting her. Loser of the game pays for lunch so she'd better be saving up.

The time in Seattle will allow for me to spend some time with a guy who has been a friend for me for 30 years. We'll drink a lot of beer and talk about the good old days. Should be a great time away and I look forward to it on many levels.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you packed some Dramamine. You're gonna need it for the boat and the game! (smirk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pretty funny xoxo. Have a good week. I will see you Friday. *smile*

    ReplyDelete